Search This Blog

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Summer Creations

Now that summer has begun I have more time to be creative with things I want to use in my classroom next year.  I don't know about you but my Pinterest account is full of great ideas, but half the time I forget what I have pinned.  These few latest projects are variations of awesome ideas I have found browsing on my patio while soaking up the summer sun!

The first product I recently finished is one I look forward to keeping on hand for those few extra minutes at the end of class when the students need to release energy.  However, when I created them I realized they can be used with my second graders to teach the valuable lesson of cooperation and working together without arguing.  The following 5 games were adapated from an amazing post by Mel at topnotchteaching.com.  I changed some of the directions and names to fit my classroom but the inspiration has to go to Mel!  Thanks for the amazing ideas.  I look forward to getting my littles up and moving with these easy cooperative games.  If you would like to grab a copy head over to my TPT store by clicking the pictures below!


The second act for the day involves open house.  Crazy I know...thinking of open house already on June 13th.  Well, what can I say?  I live and breathe teaching...creating things that make my life easier is my passion.  The following idea came from Becca Morris at Simply 2nd Resources.  I love the idea of putting all the paperwork we send home with parents on open house night in a large envelope that cam be CLOSED.  Hopefully all the papers get home then right?  I also loved the idea of having a checklist on the front for parents so that they know what papers to send back to school.  I know I would love that so why not make my parent's lives easier too!  Here are a few pictures of my version (I used a couple fonts).  Thanks for the great idea Becca!! To grab a copy for yourself head to my TPT shop by clicking the pictures below!

  

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you are enjoying summer as much as my little girl and I are!

No comments:

Post a Comment