Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Garage Sale Madness

As I move through my first summer as a teacher I get a lot of "Lucky duck you get the whole summer off to do nothing"...is summer for a teacher ever time "off".  I have spent half my summer days creating new things for the classroom and gathering ideas, and the other half has been filled up with workshops, cleaning and various errands.  Don't get me wrong I am loving my summer...but man I realize now what my mom always said "cherish your summers they go way to fast!". 

My latest endeavor has been lending out our three stall garage to the family for a garage sale.  Who knew it could be so much work! I never thought we would fill it up but needless to say we are now looking to borrow more tables and set up outside.  Wish us luck.  I'm hoping goodwill has room on their shelves for all the excess...because it is not staying in my garage :) :)

Here is a great link I found for my next project -- a ruffled tree skirt to use on our tree this Christmas in our new house :) I can't justify spending 30 or more dollars on something that gets used one month out of the year.  So here goes...I'll try my hand at DIYing it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment